I am not happy with this frock.
Well that's sort of a lie. Also I should stop being a negative nancy so let's focus on the positives first eh?
- I made a dress - my first one since December. It didn't take me that long. Yoicks!
- I freestyled the neckline and it looks nice. Woo!
- It's made from a pair of fricking curtains which cost me a whopping £2.49 from a charity shop. Mint!
Yup, one of the skirt pieces is the wrong way round. I realised before cutting.
- It's nice fabric (not sure of the name - it's sort of waffley looking. Same as my Paddington skirt anyway). I love working with that stuff. No stupid fraying. Wheee!
- It's pretty, right? Yay!
- I DID SLEEVES. CORRECTLY. FIRST TIME. Huzzah!!
- Unless I pose like this, I look like an actual square. A plump one. Dunno what I did wrong but it doesn't fit or look the same way that my other 2444's do and belts don't help. Booooo.
- It does not fit at all on the back. AT ALL. I must have a weirdly short torso - 2444s finish too high up my neck so I always cut the back neckline a bit shorter. They don't usually look this baggy and weird though. I put extra massive darts in and it helped but it still looks peculiar and hunchbackish. Methinks the pattern piece needs altering to actually fit me before I go back and attempt making any more. Don't actually know how to do that though. Oh well.
Meh, I'll probably just wear it anyway.