Image Map

All The Stripes

Thursday 20 June 2013


I came across this frock at a fab blogger event held by Swimwear 365 last month.  They had rails of goodies to admire and although my heart was temporarily lost to a red polka dot swimming costume, when I was asked if I wanted to review a product, there was only one real choice for me. There are no beach holidays on my horizon so a pretty costume would have been daft (I do swim a lot but that's exercise and so I have to have a proper sports cozzie for that). A dress though, that's a sensible choice, right? I can wear a dress all the time. Yay!


And you know what? This is a brilliant dress. I was initially sucked in by its magic monochrome appeal but I didn't realise it would be so flipping flattering.


The even better part? It's made from mediumweight jersey and totally doesn't need ironing! I now completely understand why a swimwear site are stocking it: it's perfect for taking on holiday. Shove it in your case, pull it on and it'll look ace.



I dressed it up a little bit today, just cos I wanted to do the black and white thing in style but it's going to get worn all summer long with pretty much any combination of cardi and sandals that I want to chuck together with it.





Striped jersey dress - c/o Swimwear 365
Blazer - Warehouse via charity shop
Earrings - New Look
Pearls - can't remember
Ring - Dorothy Perkins sale
Court shoes - Irregular Choice Bowtiful 

18 comments:

  1. Ohhh I love that dress, the detail around the middle is fantastic x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh lovely outfit, very sophisticated.
    Gorgeous gorgeous shoes.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its a stunning dress Alex. And it looks amazing on.
    Plus it goes incredibly well with those stunning shoes.

    X x

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the mix is spots and stripes, the detail on the middle of the dress is great x

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's a lovely dress and you look great in it. Quite a dazzling combo with your spotty shoes too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ooh you look very snazzy indeed, I love the pearls and the shoes, they look fab with the dress x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That dress looks blooming amazing on you - & yay to no ironing!

    (Sorry for the deleted comment - I've signed up to Bloglovin', as I've been ordered to do by basically every single blog I read in the world - but I can't comment on anything unless I sign into Blogger, which has confused me no end..)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You look amazing! That dress is so, so lovely especially styled this way. I can see why you love it so much! Xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. You look lovely in this dress, I love the detail in the middle.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is really, really nice. You can't beat a fab non iron dress!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ooh you look like such a LADY!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fabulous outfit, the dress fits a treat. Plus who can turn down a non-iron dress?! x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ooh this dress is lovely, super flattering! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Twit twoo Alex you look bloody gorgeous here!

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oooh it does look fab, and you look oh-so-sophisticated.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Stripes = awesome. Shoes are works of art!

    ReplyDelete

I'm easily pleased - a simple comment will cheer me up no end. So do drop me a line below...

Sorry to readers who prefer to comment anonymously but I am getting clobbered with spam at the moment so have had to disable anon comments. Feel free to get in touch with me in another way!